Cristina Elena Guzman
Secondary Education Teacher in Communications
684 North Broad Street – 2nd Floor Philadelphia PA 19130 * (215) 681-3094 * CristinaElenaGuzman@gmail.com
Highly passionate, committed and focused teacher dedicated to promoting the over all health, well-being and educational development of students by using arts education in the curriculum. Effectively shared knowledge through interactive and engaging course work designed to enlighten students and foster a life long love of learning. Readily applied highly developed interpersonal communication skills to create a productive working environment predicated on trust and idea generation. Enjoys working with people from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds and serving as a partner who actively engages others to improve the learning process.
Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English language ability.
Core areas of performance includes:
• Engaging Students in Active Learning
• Collaborating with Professional staff
• Making Proactive recommendations
• Analyzing Situations Effectively
• Apply Interpersonal Skills
• Following through all Projects
• Driving Continuous Improvement
• Meeting Educational Initiatives
• Fostering Team Commitment
• Promoting a Love of Learning
• Passionate in Integrating Arts Education in the Curriculum
CERTIFICATION PA Teaching Intern Certification in Communications 7-12, 2014
1992 - 1996 High School for the Creative & Performing Arts (CAPA) - Graduated in 1996
- Vocal Major with a Drama & Dance Minor
1996 - 2000 Temple University – Full Time Undergraduate
- Broadcast Telecommunications & Mass Media Major with a Minor in Vocal Music
2003 – 2004 LaSalle University- Certificate in Non Profit Management
- United Way Training for Non profit Management Certificate
2006 - 2008 Temple University –Part Time Undergraduate – Graduated August 2008
- Bachelor in the Arts Degree in Communications
2009 – 2011 Cabrini College - Secondary Education
- Master’s in Secondary Education Communications
2012 - Present Eastern University - Teaching Certificate in Communications
-Master’s in Secondary Education – Expected Graduation Date-December 2013
1996 – Present CEG Performing Arts Academy, Philadelphia, PA.
Position: Artistic Director / Performing Arts Teacher
• Created, Directed and Managed a Performing Arts school with a current enrollment of 100 students, 4 faculties and numerous guest performing artists.
• Taught Acting, Modeling, Dance, Vocal Music, Piano, Guitar, Music theory, and Video & Music production and editing classes (15 years).
• Developed application forms, brochures, advertising logos, set up a marketing plan, student accounting, recruitment of student community and public relations, organized fundraising activities, attendance accounting, staff payroll, and annual reports.
• The core curriculum includes Dance, Drama, Vocal, and Instrumental Music, Modeling, Visual arts and a Broadway Summer Day Camp.
• Choreographer, producer and director of numerous stage productions, impromptu performances, and outreach community performing arts programs.
1996 – Present CEG Talent-Management Agency, Philadelphia, PA.
Position: Licensed Agent & Manager
• Scouted for talented people interested in a career in show business.
• Established and directed showcases and presentations to expose new talent to the business.
• Established close contact with casting agents, directors, and producers by phone for auditions for jobs in show business. Negotiated fees, payroll, involved in recruitment of talent, managed and supervised employees and directed all aspects of administration.
2009 – Present PERFORMING ARTS TEACHER for K-12 School District of Philadelphia
2013 - PRESENT AUSTIN MEEHAN MIDDLE SCHOOL -7TH-8TH GRADE DANCE TEACHER
2013 Long-term Substitute teacher at Fairhill Elementary – ESOL Teacher
2012 Long-term Substitute teacher at Lewis Elkin Elementary – ESOL Teacher
2011 Long-term Substitute teacher at Science Leadership Academy- - Art and Technology Teacher
Summer 2011 Summer School teacher for SDP - Ben Franklin High School- - Dance and Spanish Teacher
2010 - 2013 Long-term Substitute teacher at Kensington CAPA – - Music, ESOL, Art, and Chemistry Teacher
2010 Long-term Substitute teacher at Philadelphia High for the Creative and Performing Arts– English Teacher
• Assumed full responsibility for general/special education and dual language classrooms, providing continuity and enhancement of the learning process.
• Utilized a hands on Arts Education approach towards teaching combining projects, reports, plays, and discussion into all core subject areas including gym, music, and art.
• Added value and contributed to a performing arts program for grades 9-12, which blended core instruction and independent study, and specialized in providing personalized learning using arts educational curriculum for students with IEP.
• Nurtured the growth of students through arts education by using a “learning by doing” approach to teaching the curriculum.
2012 – Present NuStop Rehabilitation Center – Position: English/ELL Teacher
2007 –2010 Beacon Center at St Veronica School & Holy Innocents School
Position: Modeling & Latin Dance Teacher
2000 –2001 Assosiacion de Musicos Latino Americanos (AMLA)
Position: Vocal & Music Teacher
Summer 1997 The Village of Arts and Humanities
Position: Paid Intern / Assistant Teacher
1996 - 2000 Taller Puertorriqueno - Educational Building
Position: Performing Arts Teacher - Cultural Awareness Program (CAP)
1995 - 1996 Philadelphia FOX 29 "School is Cool Report" - Television Host
• Experience with Macintosh, Windows PC Computers, and all forms of office machinery.
• Able to operate all Computer Applications: Internet, Mac & Windows programs, Microsoft Office 2010,
SMART Board & Inspiration/Active Studio educational software, Print Shop, Sierra Print Artist,
Adobe Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver, Avid and Final Cut Pro Video Editing, Midi Music Programs
(ProTools Music Recording, Reason, Encore, Cubase, Music Shop and etc).
• Over 20 years experience with Video & Music Production and Editing Analog & Digital.
Vocal: 33 years (Classical, Opera, Broadway Show Tunes, R&B, Pop, Salsa, & Merengue);
Dance: 33 years (Jazz, Modern, Ballet, Ballroom, Salsa, & Merengue);
Acting: 28 years (TV Commercials, Voice-overs, Musical Theater, Sitcoms, & Broadcasting);
Instrumental Music: Piano / Guitar / Violin / Flute / Drums - 25 years (Classical and Pop)
Modeling: 30 years (Commercial Print & Runway)
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
CEG Resume Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbkYOz5Kh6c